Worfolk & Sons Pilot Cutter - Description
1924 Pilot Cutter built by Worfolk and Sons of Kings Lynn. Ariadne has the potential to be an excellent live-aboard or restored piece of history. Sold as a project, there is some significant work to undertake, including replacement of some of the Archangel Redwood planking, and replacement of many of the double-sawn oak frames and futtocks towards the aft end of the boat. A new mast is required, but the main boom, gaff boom and bow sprit are in a serviceable condition. This boat has an excellent layout for a liveaboard and fully restored could offer stylish and comfortable living (or perhaps a unique holiday rental). In just three years time, 'Ariadne' will celebrate her 100th anniversary, and how special it would be for her to be on the water to see it. 2020 interim survey report summary available. Price reduced for quick sale, offers considered.
- Carval built hull of oak frames
- Archangel redwood planking
- Pitch pine decks
- Bilges were filled with concrete in the 1970's when converted for prawn fishing
- Oak stanchions
- Stainless steel guardrails included but not fitted
- Traditional steering wheel c/w pedestal included but not fitted
- Gardner 180 LXB, 6 cylinder 180hp diesel engine on shaft drive
- Large main saloon with galley, L-Shaped seating to port with stowage beneath and bench seat/berth to starboard. Chart table/desk to port and galley to stbd.
- Forward cabin with double berth to port and single berth to stbd
- Compartment forward with toilet outlet suitable for heads
- Aft cabin area
Sails and Spars
- Original steel mast was halved so no longer of any use. This is not included in the sale
- Douglas fir main boom, gaff boom and bow sprit all in serviceable condition
- Mainsail, Jib and Staysail included
- Built in 1924 by Worfolk Brothers of Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
- Named 'United' from 1924 - 1960
- Named 'Eric Brown' from 1960 - 1980
- Named 'Christina Lynn' from 1980 - 2016
- Started life as a pilot boat in Kings Lynn until the 1960s
- Used by the Conservancy board for buoy laying in the 60's
- Converted to a prawn fishing boat in the 1970's
- Restored and re-launched in 1995, with her restoration being aided by Bill Worfolk, her original builder, who was by then 99 years old!
- Now in need of full restoration and partial rebuild
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.